Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The One Essential Activity of My Life

The work of of our life should not simply be a doing; It should be a BE-ing. ~ Eric Butterworth "Life is for Loving"

Osho Zen Card 'Existence"
Imagine for a moment you are lying in a bed spending the last few quite moments of your life. As you make a review of your life, what things/scenes would come to mind? Is it the number of trophies or titles you've acquired? Or could it be that one essential activity you were supposed to do in this life that defines your sense of inner contentment and happiness?

As spiritual beings who chose to take on physical form, we came to this world with a purpose. And more often than not, as we grow older, we are sidetracked from our Soul's true agenda and instead get distracted by many different things. And there is nothing more tragic than to forget what we came to do on earth.

The 3-day Lifework workshop-retreat of Ginhawa which ended last Sunday was a very validating and affirming experience for me. Especially that I am reevaluating my current work status and commitments, the lifework session was a powerful reminder why I am doing what I am doing and why I have a tendency to be picky with people I work with and on projects that I accept. As Caroline Myss would say, "You have sacred contracts with certain individuals but not with everyone".

The Lifework session was a great confirmation of my Soul mission as told to me by my ancestors some 3 years ago through trans-egoic means.

By answering a matrix of questions, I was able to get in touch with the deepest aspirations of my inner being and remember my gifts and natural inclinations that have been present since my childhood. In fact, some of my natural talents and interests did not leave me. They were just sitting on the back burner waiting to be revisited and rediscovered.

The Lifework session was also a great synthesizer of the many things that I want to do. For some people gifted with diverse interests and talents like myself, the dilemma of choosing either/or is common. In a society which values specialization, choosing one particular interest or passion would mean that you will have to give up the remainder. Otherwise, you will be branded by society as a jack of all trades but master of none. Through the Lifework session, I was given the opportunity to see the thread that binds all my different interests and passions together and come up with a symbolic collage that consolidated everything into a single statement of my Life Purpose.

Having gone through the Lifework experience I realized that it is not the number of accomplishments that one has made but The One Essential Activity that one's Soul yearns to do in this life that can make one say 'I have truly lived a life of  purpose and meaning'. That it is possible for one person to have done so many great  things and still feel so incomplete inside. For our full measure as a person can only be validated not (solely) by the exteriorities of life but by how faithful we stayed on the path of discovering and actualizing our Soul's true purpose.

And most importantly, I am in deep awe and gratitude to have named the One Essential Activity of My Life which is to become a creative catalyst in the transformation of society...creating heaven on earth.


Lifework: Pathway Towards Meaning & Purpose Workshop-Retreat will be held on Oct 26-28 and is open to those who have attended Coming Home To My True Self Process-Retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment