Friday, August 24, 2012

Independence Day

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net
After two weeks of staying indoors due to chicken pox, I finally decided it's time to step out of the house and embrace daylight. Without hesitations I changed clothes, dabbed some gel into my hair and sprayed generous amount of cologne to my body. Immediately after my left foot (or was it right?) crossed the threshold that separated us from the rest of the world, I declared 24th  August 2012 as the day I am free from the dark confines of our home. I am a free man.

My eyes adjusted as if it's the first time I've seen light in my entire life and thought that maybe I needed a daylight ring to walk on sunshine. Thank god the scars don't sparkle in sunlight!

I felt like this teeny-tiny butterfly emerging from the cocoon and ready to spread his wings to fly. After all, wings are made for flying, right? As teeny-tiny butterfly crawl to the teeny-tiny opening, he is suddenly confronted with the realities awaiting him outside. Is it safe out there? Will I thrive? Where am I supposed to go?

As I close a chapter of my life I open a new one. And with the new comes a lot of uncertainties and possibilities. As I tune in to the future, it feels much like blank pages of a sketch pad - nothing on it just pure potentiality. Reminds me of the Great Void that birthed the existence of the Universe.

While it is exhilarating to embark on a new adventure, it can sometimes be equally terrifying to start all over again from scratch.  I wish I got a magic carpet and sing my lungs out 'A Whole New World!'. Oh and by the way, I don't mind if the magic carpet goes with a freebie Alladin. LOL.

If there's one awesome thing that the varicella zoster virus did to me is that it re-wired my brain such that I am able to write again! It is neither self-hypnosis nor the patented DNA healing module that reprogrammed my  brain but the varicella zoster virus.

Never underestimate the life-changing powers of the mostly unwanted chicken pox virus!

No comments:

Post a Comment